The main features of the V11 Charger model include the following.
- Charges the leisure battery
- Easy to use and simple to install
- Copes easily with demanding daily use
- Extends life of resin cartridges
- Controls water flow accurately (0-99) and dependably
- Advanced micro Dead End detection and retesting
- Accurate battery voltage testing
- Low battery cut off override function
- Unit is sealed to IP64, stopping water ingress
- Supplied with full wiring kit, fuses and fuse holders, and full instructions.
This controller uses a split relay to charge your leisure battery whilst travelling between sites. The controller detects when the engine is switched on and only then supplies current to the leisure battery. Once the engine is switched off, the split relay will open so the leisure battery is no longer drawing a charge.
We would advise that the V11 charger can be fitted to vehicles with intelligent alternator start/stop systems that have Euro 5 or earlier rated engine emission standards. A variable split relay may be not suitable for vehicles with the new Euro 6 engine emission standards. Euro 6 rated engines may require a battery-to-battery charging system. We reccomend consulting your vehicle manufacturer or dealer prior to fitting any auxiliary electrical split relay or battery-to-battery device to new vehicles as doing so may invalidate the manufacturer's warranty.
The leisure battery will still require mains charging on occasion to maintain full charge